Monday, March 20, 2006

Game Review (GTA III - PS2)

I'll just try to make this review nice and short: this is the game I've been dreaming of since I was about 8 years old. You can drive around big cities, get out of your car whenever you want, and shoot anybody at any time, and have cops hot on your trail. Here's my stack on this game:

Graphics: 7/10. The graphics are not good. They are very blocky and overall pretty painful to look at until you get used to it. Some effects are good though, such as when cars explode. These graphics were probably considered fairly good in 2001, but now they are just sub-par.

Sound: 8.5/10. The sound is awesome. Awesome radio stations, people screaming, great sound of rain hitting the pavement, the guns sound great, everything is pretty good soundwise in this game; just not the best.

Control: 8/10. I am a SOCOM player and I like to use the analog sticks at the same time to move, and I like to use R1 to shoot; but that's not the case here. You can move with two analog sticks, but it's not very easy to do, and isn't worth doing anyways. The cars all steer differently and drive differently, which adds to more realism; which is extremely cool, and there are a lot of different cars depending on which island you're on.

Fun: 8/10. This is a great game; the best in the series; and I have great fun with it, and this game doesn't seem to get old. Sure there are times when it will make you want to put it down for awhile, but you'll start playing again whenever you want to take your anger out on something.

( Note: This game is rated 'M' and is not intended for people under the age of 17. )

Even though I'm 14. ;)

8.6/10

No comments: