Monday, March 20, 2006

Game Review (Delta Force Black Hawk Down - PS2)

I thoight this game'd be great. I had high expectations. Boy did I think wrong...

Graphics: 2.5/5 The graphics are blocky, cheap, and overall very bad. For a war game, I'd expect a game with better graphics than this. And I also hated this: the WHOLE GAME all you SEE is beige. Beige uniforms, beige sand, beige buildings, EVERYTHING is beige. Ahh.. drove me nuts.

Sound: 3/5 The sound is not TOO bad. Good: when there are guys talking over the com-link, it sounds pretty good, but it's also very quiet when compared to whats going on around you. Bad: every guy you kill makes similar noises over and over again: Ahh! Augh! Ow! and wow is it annoying.

Control: 3/5 Can't get much easier to control. X to get in/on/behind something, R1 to shoot, O to prone, crouch, or stand, and X to jump when in the middle of nowhere. ( which is where you are most of the time anyways. ) Very easy controls, but also pretty clunky and unresponsive at times. ( the menu. )

Fun: 2/5 This game is just NOT fun. One shot kills anyone, there is no recoil, and the game is just overall repetetive, repetetive, REPETETIVE... If you like first person shooters, I might tell you to buy this game, if it was good. If you like 3rd person shooters, buy SOCOM 1, 2, or wait for 3.

6.7/10

No comments: