Monday, July 31, 2006

Game Review ( Project Gotham Racing 3 - 360 )

I was skeptical about getting PGR 3 because it was a simulation racing game much like Gran Turismo, and I don't usually like them. But when I got this game and got fairly good at it, I'm glad I got it. Here's my review.

Graphics: 8/10. The graphics look like Gran Turismo 3's for the PS2's, but the cars are a little bit shinnier, and the enviroments look a wee bit better. The graphics are at their prime when you walk around your garage. The cars look great with nice reflections, and the fountain in the second garage has really nice looking water. Good graphics, but they've been seen before on previous consoles; for the most part.

Sound: 8.5/10. The cars sound great and the tire squeeling does too, but the music in this game, at least 90% of it, is in my opinion terrible. It is mainly dance and rap music, with a few rock songs, but for the most part, I try to ignore the soundtrack.

Control: 9/10. Well, it's a racing sim; it's very realistic. Few people could pick this up and get platinum their first try. You have to master drift, and have a good sense of when to turn into turns and what not. It's a pretty challenging game. But luckily, there are several difficulty modes that before each track, can be switched.

Fun: 8.5/10. I am about 30% through story mode, and I already have the McLaren F1 LM ( One of the statistically high performanced cars in the world ) , a Ferarri Enzo, and a Lamborghini Gallardo. It's really not even hard to get credits in this game; you can easily find a track you're good at that doesn't take a long time and keep doing it until you get money. About the multiplayer, as far as I can tell, there is no split screen, and the online is said to be awesome. So if you like racing games, this wouldn't be a bad choice at all for sim racing fans.

8.4/10

No comments: