Saturday, August 19, 2006

Game Review ( NCAA Football 2007 - 360 )

I haven't played a football game for a few years now because I haven't seen any difference in them except graphically. Having a 360, I decided to try this game out and it was some suprise.

Graphics: 8.5/10. Definitely not as good as they could have been. Close ups look great, but the cut-scenes are looped over and over again and from the "hike" position, the graphics don't even look that spectacular. ( At least on a standard TV ) Madden '07 will look much better than this.

Sound: 9/10. Great commentary. I haven't heard the same thing twice since I rented this game and the audience sounds good, too. Also, the players on the field make some nice gruesome noises when they are smacked to the ground.

Control: 8.5/10. Easy enough. I never held an Xbox controller until I got the 360, and even I know what to do easily. There is quite a learning curve to being able to completely master them, but anybody can pick up this game and know the basics right away.

Fun: 9/10. This game is just like any other football game made in the last few years. It has the same features, just a graphical boost. The games usually tend to be extremely close ( about %80 of my games go into overtime ) and the AI is pretty good. The few problems this game has though, are that often times even with some of the best teams, the recievers will drop the ball for no reason. Also, it just doesn't expand anymore. There's Dynasty mode, and a few mini games, but that's about it. All in all, though, it's still a great game that any sports fan should try.

8.8/10

No comments: