Saturday, October 27, 2007

Game Review ( skate. DEMO - 360 )

Graphics: 4.25/5 I'd probably get criticized for rating the graphics so low if someone met me on the street, but they aren't that great - they're deceiving. The character models look quite good, the levels look pretty decent, and the far away environments look pretty bad for the most part. Especially the weird looking trees.

Sound: 4/5 Hard to hear much besides faint music in the background and the skateboard rolling and grinding. Give it a 4 for averageness.

Control: 4.5/5 Of course, this is what makes skate. drastically different than the Tony Hawk games. In skate., virtually everything you do is controlled by the right analog stick. The ollies, the flip tricks, all board movement. The controls definitely take getting used to - I still found myself trying to use A to jump, when that button in skate. simple makes you skate.

Fun: 4.25/5 I couldn't get much out of the demo, it's only a demo - it's only one small level. Still, I see myself playing the full version eventually, just maybe not too soon, with Guitar Hero III, Call of Duty 4, and Rock Band coming out. I'm sure the full version of skate. is a lot of fun. I'll probably review it within the next month or two.

4.25/5

No comments: