Friday, March 28, 2008

Game Review ( 3/25 Rock Band DLC - 360 )

Half a week past release, and I'm sure you know by now, the Boston pack is up on Xbox LIVE! ( And more recently, PSN. ) My review. I'll try to make it as short as possible.

-----

Hitch a Ride: 4.5/5 I never heard of this Boston song before it was made DLC. ( Wasn't the biggest Boston fan. ) And didn't like it the first time I heard it, but it's a great song. It has a fantastic guitar solo, and the drums are fun, too. ( You'll be hearing that a lot. 5 of the 6 songs have relatively similar drumming charts. )

More Than a Feeling: 4.5/5 Another re-release, and a great one. MTaF was of course in Guitar Hero 1, and I'm glad to see it in Rock Band. A very easy but fun song on guitar, and of course, drums. I have heard it a lot over the years though and that's why it gets a 4.5. It'

Peace of Mind: 4.5/5 One of the harder drum songs in the pack, especially if you have a broken set. Yet another great song, by the way, on drums or guitar. Getting sick of hearing it? You'll hear it a few more times.

Rock and Roll Band: 4.75/5 Probably my favorite song of the six. Just really, really catchy lyrically, and the drums and guitar are, get this - fun. This song to me is quite underrated.

Smokin': 4.25/5 Of course, one of Boston's most popular songs, and it's here. Why rated lower than the others? First, I'm not the biggest fan of this song. Second, while I don't really care much, you play the organ during the "guitar solo". It's fun, it's challenging, but it's awkward. Also, the drums aren't too great on this song, although they are probably the most difficult.

Something About You: 4.5/5 As far as the song goes, I probably like it the least of the six, but it's very fun to play. (Surprised?) Fun on guitar and drums, and like other Boston songs, will have you singing along.

-----

Even though I'm sure you already have, BUY the Boston Pack. It is very well worth it. For $10 you get some of the best Boston songs, and virtually their entire debut album. By-far the best DLC to date - but I do have to say, and I'm not the only one to think this I'm sure, several of these songs sound quite similar to eachother.

4.75/5 ( Not really the average score, but as far as value, it's definitely worth $10.)

No comments: