Thursday, January 27, 2011

Game Review (Battlefield Bad Company 2 Multiplayer - 360)

Graphics: 4.5/5 Given that the maps are so large, that there's so much going on, that there are 24 players online, and that the frame rate holds steady almost all the time, I'd say the graphics are stellar. They aren't exactly 'clean' and looking quite as pretty as, say, a Gears of War or Modern Warfare 2, but like I said, for what it's running on, very nice.

Sound: 4.5/5 A good variety of voice overs, the explosions, guns, and vehicles all sound really great. I wouldn't say it's quite on the tier in some aspects as Call of Duty is - gun sounds in particular - but it no doubt sounds fantastic.

Control: 4.25/5 If you've played Call of Duty, you've played this, with a few subtle changes. There's no prone, for one thing, knifing is used with RB, throwing a grenade is LB, etc. The main problem I seem to have with the controls in this game involves walking. Sometimes when I walk through open doorways or in what seems to be an open area, my character will get stuck on seemingly nothing, sometimes resulting in a death. This is obviously frustrating... I'm not sure the cause? But it seems to happen sometimes. Luckily, the maps are huge and the areas are quite open ... this doesn't happen TOO often.

Fun: 4.5/5 Battlefield Bad Company has, from what I can see, just one flaw - lack of maps. I'm not sure of the number, but I'll guess 12... and it just doesn't feel like it. I guess maybe the maps seem to feel a bit too similar in some cases...? I can't put my finger on it, but that's about this game's only downfall besides the doorway glitching I've noticed. There's in-depth stats, a living community and devoted fan base, and a lot of fun to be had. If you've lost interest in Black Ops, you should try Battlefield. They're both completely different games in many ways, so if you don't like one, you're likely to like the other.

4.5/5

No comments: