Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Game Review ( Halo 3 - 360 )

Here's my review on what is one of, if not the, biggest game and what some say the most overrated game, of all-time. I've only played it for about 6 hours, so I will probably be editing this review. This is my first impression. ( Note: I didn't play the beta. )

Graphics: 4.5/5 Look quite good, but don't really blow you away. The character models for the most part look phenomenal, and the environments do as well. Still, it's not the most impressive looking game out there right now. Hell, to all the whiners, I'd rather have an okay looking game that runs smoothly than a fantastic looking game that lags a lot.

Sound: 5/5 Top notch. The talking throughout your men in campaign is really well done. The voice acting in the cut scenes are also great. You will likely never hear the same thing twice in battle. The explosions and guns still sound fantastic too. Everything Halo 2 sounded like, but better.

Control: 4.5/5 Not quite perfect. In my opinion, Halo 2 had better controls for a 360 controller. Still, Halo 3 doesn't control bad, but it does take some getting used to. Such as you having to learn how to use the RB button to get in vehicles and pick up guns and what-not, as well as reload, instead of using the X button used in Halo 2. Still controls very well though.

Fun: 5/5 I must say, this game left a great first impression. I started with Campaign first, and was less than surprised at the start, mainly because the game kept on lagging. But once the game started going, the Campaign got pretty fun. And, in case you don't already know, you can have four person co-op, which makes Legendary quite a bit easier to play through. ( Still not a sinch in any stretch of the imagination though. ) I could review this game all day. The single player, co-op, Forge, multiplayer, all the maps, how the guns hold up, the AI, the ability to record your games, and what not. All I really need to say though, is it's worth it. There aren't many maps currently available to play on Halo 3, but just about all of them are a lot of fun. If you don't think they are at first, go ahead and play them a few times. The game looks good, controls great, and sounds fantastic. Almost everything about this game that I've seen so far is top notch.

5/5

No comments: