Friday, July 13, 2007

My preview ratings of some of the games that were at E3.

As we all know, E3 just ended, but I'm sure a lot of people watched the stuff on G4. The number I put is from 1-5 on a "Psych Meter", meaning obviously how badly I want the game.

-----

Halo 3: 4/5 Halo 3 is likely the biggest launch in game history. However, I kind of fell out of the "want" for Halo 3. There is nothing we know about the story, the online will be great like in Halo 2, but I'm just not THAT excited about it... yet.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl: 4/5 I haven't seen much on this game, but I've been wanting to play a SSB game way back just after Melee came out. Looks pretty good, but again, don't know a lot about it.

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare: 5/5 Infinity Ward is back into the CoD franchise, but this time they go from the history books to modern times. Call of Duty 4 looks absolutely amazing. The RPG elements that go into online play sound super cool, and the graphics are nothing short of spectacular. Definitely dying to play this.

Assassin's Creed: 4/5 I had no idea what this game was until E3. I had no interest in it - mainly because I didn't even know what it was - but It actually looks like it will be a very good game. Don't know TOO much about it, but it looks very good and should be top notch... I mean, it's made by Ubisoft, so you know it will be.

Grand Theft Auto IV: 4/5 So, it takes place in New York. That's all about I know - or most people know, for that matter. Still, who doesn't want to get their hands on this game? Looks great.

Super Mario Galaxy: 3/5 Not so interested in this game - for whatever reason. Call me crazy - but I don't understand the game at ALL. So what, you're Mario... in outer space... running around planets or something? Doesn't seem interesting to me. The game looks good, but let it prove me completely wrong when the game is released in November.

Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock: 5/5 Six out of five, anybody? I'm MORE THAN DYING to play this game - I've been playing GH2 on the PS2 and 360 for what seems AGES... I want to play something new! Guitar Hero III looks to me the ultimate Guitar Hero experience. Enhanced graphics, new and better songs, online play, improved multiplayer in general, and boss battles with legends including... SLASH! This game will be a blast, for sure.

Rock Band: 5/5 This for me goes up and beyond what I'm expecting from Guitar Hero III because of one obvious reason - it's the whole band! Not just that, but you can join or create a band online, make a band name, make your own apparel and logo - this will be an amazing game - AND there will be downloadable tracks every week! Must have game right here.

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed: 4/5 All I got from the trailer is that you play as Darth Vader's apprentice - that right there sold me. I have no idea what kind of game this is, though, ( Action? Action adventure? RPG? ) but one thing is for certain - I want it. It's a Star War's game, and it looks sweet.

Mario Kart Wii: 4/5 No one knows much about this game since it was so briefly shown at E3, but HEY - It's Mario Kart, it comes packaged with a steering wheel, and it's confirmed to have online multiplayer. Those reasons alone should make any Nintendo fan drool.

Mercenaries 2: World in Flames: 4/5 There isn't much buzz about this game right now, but this game is going to be almost a guaranteed award winning title if you ask me. The game looked GREAT in videos, and there is hop-in/hop-out co-op multiplayer. Mercenaries 1 was almost perfect - JUST lacking multiplayer. Now we have it. You know what that means...

Tony Hawk's Proving Grounds: 3/5 Another Tony Hawk game, huh? Meh. Tony Hawk games have just been becoming worthy rentals for me recently, and I don't see what should make this game more special. Sure, you can choose your career path... but what else could we possibly see in this game besides new levels? We'll have to see.

Burnout Paradise: 4/5 Burnout is one of my ( if not my ) all-time favorite racing game franchises ever. Get a car, blast it at wicked speeds, and fly through or into intersections with great results either way. Not too much known about this game, but there will be a mug-shot feature enabling you to see the person you made crash's face, and you can save them. The worst thing about Burnout Paradise? We have to wait until "Winter" to get it.

The Orange Box: 2/5 It's Half-Life 2 with some extras in the bag. When I first learned about this game awhile back, I was totally stoked about getting it. But lately, I honestly wouldn't want to do more than rent it. Team Fortress 2 looks fantastic, but I wouldn't pay $50 for just that.

The Simpsons Game: 4/5 Not getting much hype - at all. Looks great, and it's The Simpsons. Maybe the last two words of that sentence scares people off. The Simpsons hasn't had the best video games of late, but this one may be different. Maybe my hype over the movie is what makes me want this game, too.

Medal of Honor: Airborne: 4/5 I thought this game was coming out awhile back, but it still hasn't been released. Well, E3 made me want this game even more. You get on a plane, jump out, and start the level from where you land. If that's not good enough, there's obviously multiplayer, and VERY spiffy graphics.

-----

And that's about it. There are a few games out there that look interesting, but they aren't coming out for awhile.

-47

No comments: