Friday, March 09, 2012

Food Review (Nacho Cheese Doritos Locos taco from Taco Bell)

Moments ago, I consumed my first Doritos Locos taco from Taco Bell. Before its release, Taco Bell advertised a LOT. Its Facebook page had pictures plastered everywhere (as did its website), and they even had a midnight premier for crying out loud. So the burning question is... how does it taste?

I'll get to that in a bit. First of all, the Doritos Locos taco costs $1.29, and describes itself as, "A crunchy taco made with premium seasoned beef, crisp lettuce, and real cheddar cheese, in a shell made from Nacho Cheese Doritos® Chips." So yeah, all it is is a crunchy taco that has a Doritos shell.

And now the answer to the burning question ... meh. First of all, although Taco Bell claims this is a shell made from Nacho Cheese Doritos, it's not true. The shell is much too thin to be a real Doritos shell, and if you've ever had one before, you'd notice this instantly. As for the shell's seasoning, I really couldn't even taste it until I licked it off my fingers. When you're eating it, it just tastes like you're eating a taco with extra salt on the shell. Basically, it's just alright.

If you want a taco from Taco Bell that's a little more than ordinary, I recommend the Volcano taco, as it just tastes better. The whole Doritos shell thing isn't nearly as big of a deal as Taco Bell makes it out to be. I say it's certainly better than a typical hard-shell taco, but it doesn't deserve to be a main-stay on the menu before the oh-so wonderful Beefy Crunch Burrito.

3/5

Update: This was my rating for the regular Nacho Cheese DLT ... with sour cream, I'd give it a 3.75/5.

No comments: