Thursday, November 06, 2008

Game Review ( AC/DC Live: Rock Band Track Pack - 360 )

Graphics: 4/5 Same as Rock Band 1, and so is the interface. Yeah - it's Rock Band 1, with 18 songs. Really simple. You can't make a character either, but why does it matter?

Sound: 5/5 Not all would really care for this pack because, as you can see, it's live, from 1992 at Donnington. Personally, I've almost exclusively heard AC/DC live, and live only. I think the songs sound great. There is also an over 10 minute version of Jailbreak that is actually surprisingly fun.

Control: 4.75/5 The charts are really good here. Thunderstruck has all hammer-ons for the intro in case you were wondering, but in Rock Band 1/2 with the transfer, only the green notes are hammer-ons, all else are strummed. I don't know of any more significant chart changes, but this one I noticed, and many disliked it. Personally, I play it much better this way because it helps with my timing, and it's more realistic. And ah yes, "Let There Be Rock" on expert drums is, indeed, a BITCH.

Fun: 5/5 Might just be the best $40 I've ever spent. You're spending just over $2 per song, for 18 songs, and over 99 minutes of music. And it's AC/DC, one of my very favorite bands. If you like AC/DC, this is well worth it. If you like playing guitar, this is well worth it. If you don't like AC/DC and play drums, this may not be worth it. I find the drums really fun to play, even though the charts are super simple for the most part. To me, this is a must buy.

5/5

( P.S. Watch out for "High Voltage" and "Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap" on Expert guitar. That is all. )

No comments: