Monday, March 20, 2006

Game Review (Star Wars Revenge Of The Sith - PS2)

I recently just rented this game from blockbuster for the heck of it because I have the game pass. I must say that when i rented this game, there were some quick things i noticed and liked, or noticed and disliked. I did not really think the graphics were good in this game. From a distance, they seem pretty good, but in cutscenes, they are really lame. What I did like about this game was how you could be a Jedi and use a light saber, or maybe have a duel in multiplayer mode, or do a cooperative mission. About the single player game, many people complained about how easy this game was and how quickly it could be beaten; not for me. I am generally good at games, but I am at the ' showdown with Dooku ' and I can't beat him. If the game wasn't so hard, i wouldn't have quick single player and started to play multiplayer. About multiplayer duels now, you can play with a friend or against an A.I. controlled player. You can select from young Obi-Wan and Anakin from the start of the game. As you progress, you can unlock characters such as ( may be some spoilers, discontinue reading. ) Mace Windu, Darth Vader, Ben Kenobi, Grievous... and others. I was dissapointed though at duel mode, because it didn't include Jedi masters like Yoda or Emperor Sidious. ( no more spoilers. ) Moving on to the cooperative mode, this is just flat out hard. Just on the first level of cooperative mode, and on easy, I had a lot of trouble getting through it with my cousin. There were about 4 waves of droids we faced, and we didn't get to finish because well, lets say about 5 droidekas came in at one time when our health was low. Oh, by the way, there are no bacta tanks to give you some healing. So, cooperative mode is kind of fun, but also very frustrating. I took this game back to blockbuster the next day because of a lack of fun. I am a huge starwars fan, and this game was okay, but the best starwars game i've played is still starwars battlefront. Pick that up instead for a faster paced, more exciting game.

7.9/10

No comments: