Tuesday, January 01, 2013

DVD Review (The Simpsons: The Complete Fifteenth Season)

It took a year, but season fifteen of The Simpsons is finally on DVD and, for whatever reason, Blu-Ray. This season there are 22 episodes, commentary on every episode (as usual), sketches, a couple commercials, and deleted scenes.

Unlike many other Simpsons seasons, there aren't really any complete duds in this season. Not only that, but there aren't any extremely memorable episodes either. Rather, season fifteen basically contains 22 slightly above average and entertaining episodes. I found myself rating mostly every episode in my head between a 3.5 to a 4.25 out of 5. My personal favorite of the season I suppose would have to be "Margical History Tour" because it's Treehouse of Horror-esque, and well written with some good jokes. Most of the other 21 episodes included aren't too far behind.

The extras included seem to be far less than some other seasons. For instance, even in season thirteen and fourteen they had a "Best of Ralph" and "Best of Treehouse of Horror" section, respectively. I was hoping and thinking that this set would have a "Best of Otto" compilation, but I was wrong ... that, or I just haven't found it.

The Simpsons: The Complete Fifteen Season is a must-buy for fans of the show, and a "get it eventually" buy for fair weather fans. Every episode is either average or a notch above, so there's nothing you have to see. Still, I feel that this is an underrated season, and I don't think it's nearly as bad as a lot of people make it out to be.

4/5

No comments: